We may earn a commission if you click on a link, but at no extra cost to you. Read our disclosure policy for information.
Some of the things we use require continuous repair, bonding, and maintenance, hence, there is always a constant demand for silicone adhesive tapes.
These tapes are an example of products that we can not afford to fully do without – there’s always a need for them.
This need can be frequent or not, depending on your profession, for regular household users, the need for adhesive tape is definitely less frequent.
Silicone Adhesive tapes are among those products that serve the purpose of maintenance in our daily lives.
Silicone is a stable and inert substance, it’s unreactive with very many chemicals, and it also provides excellent resistance to moisture and extreme temperatures.
However, there are a lot of these adhesive tapes available in the market, and purchasing one can be quite overwhelming, hence this is why this list was created to help you narrow down your options to just ten
This list not only mentions the current best 10 silicone adhesive tapes, but it also provides a brief description of their features.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Silicone Adhesive Tapes Reviewed
- 1. Removable Adhesive Nano Gel Tape (Washable)
- 2. BONDiT bnv3005 Clear Double Sided Tape
- 3. 20 ft long Waterproofing Repair Tape
- 4. Nashua 1 in. x 10 ft.
- 5. Arlon Silicone Self Fusing Tapes
- 6. Rescue Tape
- 7. Bertech Double Sided Polyimide Tape
- 8. TapeCase 134-3 PTFE
- 9. No products found.
- 10. Inavis Self fusing Silicone Adhesive Tape
- Why These Adhesive Tapes Are Necessary
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR FAVORITE PICKS…
10 Best Silicone Adhesive Tapes Reviewed
Let’s dive in and take a look at our top ten products.
- Strong Viscosity: New technology Nano PU gel with 2 mm thickness double sided adhesive tape can hold item up to 1...
- Multi function tape: Can help you organize your messy items in office, kitchen, Car. Save trouble for drilling a...
- Easy to use: Cut the size you want, stick it to the wall and peel the film off before applying it, Transparent and...
- Washable and Recyclable Tape: Still high performance after washing it, please note you need wait it dry after wash...
- Please note the inapplicable surface on the second picture, if you use it on lime wall. it might damage the surface...
Are you looking for a double-sided silicone tape that can work as efficiently as a new one, even after washing?
Then you’ve most likely been searching for this removable and washable silicone tape.
Whether you want to hold or organize items in your kitchen, in your office, or in a car, this tape is a good option to consider, moreover it prevents your surfaces from getting damaged.
It has two coverings, and you can remove the outer covering from one side of the tape or both, it’s your choice and depends on your requirement.
This tape will help you organize and hold your messy items with far fewer troubles and effectively, thus it keeps your items well organized and arranged.
It also works even after washing, but before reusing it, you need to let it dry.
The tape is strongly viscous and it might damage a lime wall, thus if you can’t afford to conveniently repair the damage caused to the walls, you shouldn’t use it on lime walls.
However, with this tape, you don’t need to worry about any damages caused by drilling a hole or by screwing a nut onto different surfaces, because this tape is a perfect alternative to drilling or screwing.
Pros & Benefits:
- It has a strong viscosity and it’s flexible
- It be can be used on both sides as it’s double-sided
- It can be recycled and reused even after washing it
- It absorbs strongly and can be used for a long while
- You can cut it into any size you want
- Clear mounting tape, virtually invisible fastening. No damage. No residue.
- Can be applied to ceramic tile, glass, metal, plastic, wood, fabric, drywall and many more surfaces
- Two sided, pressure sensitive tape, bonds instantly with no drying time
- Eliminate the extra work of screwing, drilling, grinding, welding and clean up
- Provides heat and cold resistant between -4 F to 212 F
This type of silicone tape is a user-friendly tape that helps to stick two surfaces together, but in such a way that the fastening is invisible.
All you have to do is to apply the tape on a certain surface and then remove it, after removing it from the surface, the surface itself becomes sticky and will bond with any item that is attached to it.
This feature applies to all surfaces including metal, wood, drywall, ceramic tile, plastic, fabric, or glass.
The tape is also a double-sided tape that instantly works without taking any time to get dried, and it can be used in kitchens, offices, cars, or any decorative purpose.
The invisibility characteristic of this tape will enhance the beauty if you are using it for décor purposes.
This tape should always be there in your bag because you would regret not having it when there appears a bonding need.
This tape also serves as one of the best alternatives against drilling holes and screwing nuts.
Pros & Benefits:
- It’s waterproof, thus it can resist moisture
- It’s resistant to hot and cold temperatures
- You don’t need to drill, weld, or screw anything
- It does not get affected even after washing it
- ✔ STOP LEAKS INSTANTLY / NO MESS - Waterproof tape seals around leaks or cracks creating an airtight barrier....
- ✔ NEVER RUN OUT (EXTRA LENGTH AND ROLL) - Extra length and roll to really wrap leaks or seals tightly with as...
- ✔ UNLIMITED FUNCTIONS HIGH AND LOW TEMPERATURES / HIGH PRESSURE - Have a leak in your HVAC, Water heater, Hose or...
- ✔ EASE OF USE COMES WITH EMAIL INSTRUCTIONS AND BOX TO PRACTICE ON - Follow the simple 4-step instructions to...
- ✔ PLEASE NOTE - TAPE IS NOT INTENDED TO REPAIR LEAKS WHERE IT CAN'T WRAP ONTO ITSELF AND CREATE TENSION TO...
This silicone adhesive tape is used to stop leakages immediately, it can withstand extreme pressure and temperature, and it can be used for any plumbing works and other kinds of leaks as well, and it also works as a complete airtight solution.
This tape is waterproof, thus it’s applicable for both indoor and outdoor leaks.
To use this tape, pull out the exact length of the tape that is needed to get your job done, and cut it with a scissor or knife.
Once you cut the tape, remove the covering from its surface to make it adhesive, then cover the leaking area with the adhesive side, and finally, say goodbye to any leaks.
Pros & Benefits:
- It can be used for fixing plumbing repairs, Tupperware, vents, HVAC, pipes, gutter, seams, bucket repairs, air conditioners, roofs, and hose
- It’s highly sustainable in different environmental conditions
- It’s a multi-purpose tool
- Seals pipes, electrical wires and hoses
- Covers sharp, exposed metal edges on tools and equipment for safer operation
- Use on tools and sports equipment handles as a replacement grip or surface protection from scrapes and abrasions
- Can be applied in wet conditions to create a water and air tight seal to pipes and hoses
- Cut away to remove - leaves no residue
This is another silicone adhesive tape that is suitable for electric wires or connections, pipes, and hoses, this brand is known as ‘Nashua’ is a self-infusing tape.
It’s good for covering sharp metal edges and provides air and watertight coverings for hoses, pipes, etc.
You can also apply it on wet or leaking objects, and there is no need to wait for the object to dry out first
It can be used as handles and grip for sports, and other kinds of equipment, and it also helps to prevent tools and equipment from being scraped, scratched, or damaged in any form.
If you need to remove it at any point in time, then be rest assured that this user-friendly tape will not leave behind any residue whatsoever.
This tape also serves multiple purposes, and can be used at home, offices, or anywhere.
Pros & Benefits:
- It can withstand extremely high or low temperatures
- It can be used for a variety of purposes
- It can be used for protecting and sealing
- It’s also compatible with metals because it’s strong and highly adhesive
- Pack of 2 Rolls With PE Bag Each | Black Color |Size 25.4MM Width 10 Feet Length 0.5MM Thickness |Rectangle Shape|...
- Material 100% Specially Formulated Silicone Rubber | Temperature -50 to 260 °C
- Versatile Application for vehicles & equipment for emergency hose repair | Seal leaky hoses, pipe, tubing....
- Resists moisture, oxygen, and ozone to assure continuous high insulation values. | Conforms smoothly when wrapped...
This silicone tape is also used for a variety of purposes, and it can be used to seal or repair leaky tubes, pipes, and hoses.
It’s also used for repairing or covering terminals, electrical wires, or other electrical appliances, and it gives protection from air and water in seconds and can be used as a permanent cover.
And of course, if you need a fan belt and there’s none around, then you can use this tape temporarily, moreover, this tape can also be used during an emergency bleeding or injury.
It can work on all kinds of surfaces – oily, clean, dirty, and wet surfaces, thus it can deal with extraneous substances and provides the same better results even in the presence of these substances.
Also, this tape conforms easily to complex shapes and forms, thus solving the conformity problems, and you can stretch it from 2 to 4 times its normal size for better results.
It works as an insulator and can resist moisture and oxygen, thus it’s suitable for electrical wires and devices, and it can also work as a gasket and can be used in repairing tools and materials even underwater.
Pros & Benefits:
- It can be used even in extremely high and low temperatures
- It’s a watertight and airtight solution
- It’s also used in the marine application and remains useful even when underwater
6. Rescue Tape
- Most people carry Rescue tape in their Emergency bag, car or on a boat for unexpected emergencies. Broken radiator...
- Rescue Tape is extremely durable, but when it comes time to remove it, it does not leave any sticky residue like a...
- Excellent insulant. It creates Insulation up to 8000 Volts per layer. You can safely put your Christmas lights out,...
- MILITARY DAMAGE BATTLE KIT: We are proud to say that Rescue tape is the only Silicon tape that is used by U.S.A...
Another silicone adhesive tape that can be applied to any kind of material is the Rescue tape, which is also claimed to be used by the US military.
It can help you fix any broken thing or leaks in the kitchen, shower, garden, or boat, and it’s also carried in emergency tools because it’s a high-performance adhesive tape.
It can also be used to fix hoses, pipes, or electric wires, and it can be used as a permanent solution to damages and if you need to take it off, then you do not have to worry about it leaving behind any mess or residues, because it won’t.
It’s durable and it also has a higher capacity to act as an insulator for higher voltages, thus it’s suitable for electrical appliances as well.
It can also be applied to harsh and drastic states since it doesn’t cause any damage, and if you need it to repair underwater leaks, then it’s highly recommended as well because it isn’t readily damaged in water.
It’s resistant to heat, so if you need to fix hot pipes, you can rely on it for a good fix, because it can withstand temperatures as high as 500 degrees Fahrenheit – it will not melt at this temperature or lower temperatures.
This is surely one tool that your toolkit deserves to hold.
Pros & Benefits:
- It can be used as an emergency handler
- It’s highly reliable, especially because of its waterproof and airtight properties
- It can resist temperatures as high as 950 psi, thus can be used in high-pressure environments
- MATERIAL: Polyimide
- ADHESIVE: Silicone on Both Sides
- THICKNESS: 4 Mil - 1 Mil Film + 3 Mil Adhesive (1.5 on each side)
- COLOR: Amber
- APPLICATIONS: 3D Printing, Aerospace Assembly, Automotive Facilities, Electronic Assembly, Fiber Optics...
This tape acts as one of the excellent insulators available in the market and can be used on electrical devices, Bertech double-sided tape has silicone adhesives on both sides of its polyimide film.
It can exist at high temperatures of 260 degrees centigrade and temperatures as low as -73 degrees centigrade.
This tape is reliable because of its resistance against puncture and tear, and this makes it durable even in extreme conditions, and it’s also a high-performance tape for many electrical devices and equipment.
It can also be used for cell phones, LED, or heated printers, and commercial applications like optic cables, aerospace technology, solar devices, thus this tape also finds use in both the industrial and scientific fields.
It’s used as a temporary bonding solution, and it’s one of the highly recommended tapes used for repairs in both domestic and commercial places.
Pros & Benefits:
- It can be used in both high and low temperatures
- It’s a strong and lasting solution
- It’s highly durable
- Adhesive Tape: the industrial-grade tape provides an easy way to improve surface movement and reduce friction. The...
- Skived Film Tape: this heat resistant tape can handle high temperatures up to 500 deg. F. This ensures no molten...
- Utility: PTFE film tape conforms well and needs negligible cleaning-up, making it useful for environments with...
- Application Range: non-sticky PTFE film tape has good release across different types of packaging materials. It...
- Product Specifications: the pressure sensitive tape is 3 in. wide and 108 ft. long
This PTFE tape is used for pieces of machinery and other industrial uses, this tape is frictionless and doesn’t produce any sound or squeaks, and the acronym, PTFE, is short for polytetrafluoroethylene, a kind of synthetic material that is used to reduce friction.
It can withstand temperatures as high as 500 degrees Fahrenheit and it also doesn’t react with reactive chemicals.
It’s a long-lasting silicone adhesive tape that can be used to fix severe damages, it also doesn’t absorb moisture hence, it performs well in humid environments.
This tape is also useful for several aerospace applications, it’s also used as a coating in cookware and frying pans, due to its high resistance to heat and its non-stick property.
This tape also finds use in ironing, heat sealers, and high-temperature equipment, and it can also be used in different kinds of containers and pipework, where it helps to prevent corrosion.
Because it helps to reduce friction, it’s used between two sliding surfaces to reduce or eliminate friction.
Thus, this tape can be used for both industrial and domestic purposes.
Pros & Benefits:
- It’s resistant to high temperature
- It’s frictionless and helps two sliding surfaces from collusion
- It’s non-reactive, that is, it doesn’t react with other chemicals
- It can conform to different shapes and sizes
- It prevents wear and tear problems
- It’s also good for electrical equipment and insulation purposes
- It’s energy-efficient
- It has many industrial applications and it’s also durable
- It’s a non-toxic tape, thus avoids pollution
9. No products found.
This highly flexible silicone adhesive tape is used for a variety of needs including automotive, plumbing, pipe leaks, etc.
It’s useful in high or low temperatures, it’s devoid of hazardous substances, it’s also easy to use, and helps to prevent wear and tear of tools and equipment.
It’s waterproof and can also survive high voltages, and it can be applied in extreme conditions and also applied on different parts of your car engines or on the parts that surround the engine.
It can also be used to repair taps, pipes, showers, materials, and things used in the kitchen, and of course, it can be used to repair materials at very high temperatures.
This multipurpose tape can work in temperatures as low as -60 degrees centigrade and temperatures as high as 260 degrees centigrade.
Pros & Benefits:
- It’s resistant to high and low temperatures
- It’s a flexible tape
- It’s resistant to stains
No products found.
- Super quality -(100% silicone tape) This self-fusing tape is non-toxic, odorless, resistant to...
- Insulated Feature - (Up to 8000 volts)The tape is insulated so it’s mainly used for the insulation of electric...
- Tensile Strength-(750-900 PSI) Flexible, Stretchable and conforms even to small pipe diameters, tight corners
- Wide Temperature range - From -60℉(50℃)to 500℉(260℃). This tape also performs well in anti-aging, oxidation...
- Waterproof Feature - This silicone tape can be used for the sealing and leaking stoppage of water pipe, pipeline...
Another tape used for the insulation of cables and for controlling water leakage is the Inavis self-fusing adhesive tape.
This tape, though made of silicone rubber, is non-toxic and odorless, and it can be used for a variety of purposes.
It has tight corners and it’s stretchable and flexible and can work in extreme low and high temperatures of -50 degrees centigrade and 260 degrees centigrade, respectively.
This tape can be used for outdoor and indoor repairing purposes like lighting, antenna installation, plumbing, automotive, hose repairs, sports items, etc.
Pros & Benefits:
- It can conform to complex shapes and small diameters
- It can withstand voltages as high as 8000 volts
- It’s anti-aging and resistant to oxidation
Why These Adhesive Tapes Are Necessary
Most of the tapes above are useful and effective for many purposes, thus the kind of silicon adhesive tape you should buy depends on what you might be needing it for, and of course, your profession.
That is, if your profession demands that you have to use adhesive tapes every day, then you would get one that fits the description of your job, however, if your need for tape is just for domestic or office purposes, then getting a heavy-duty adhesive tape might just be a waste of money.
If the tape’s description above does not meet your needs, then you shouldn’t purchase it, no matter how appealing and promising it looks.
Another factor to consider before purchasing a silicone adhesive tape is to check if it’s a temporary or a permanent solution to your problems and if the tape can also be recycled or not.
Some of these adhesive tapes might be used to fix all types of problems, while some of them might only be used to fix specific or a few repairs, thus you need to make a proper evaluation and comparison.
Hence, the right choice would be the one that can serve as a solution to many or all of your problems, thus can help you to save the extra cost of purchasing several other items to fix your other problems, moreover, you can also have multiple tapes to meet all of your needs.
You can also make a price comparison and select the one that is most affordable and fits your budget.
As we’re getting towards a more technologically advanced era, there are so many repairs and bonding alternatives that promise to make our repairs easier, long-lasting, and simpler.
Silicone adhesive tapes that are easy to use, high-performing, and has a lot of functions are always a better buy, especially if you do not need them for domestic purposes.
And because these tapes are made from silicone, you do not have to worry about if they’re toxic or not, because they aren’t and they are also eco-friendly products as well.
They are better alternatives to regular adhesive tapes, and they’re also very durable and do not leave behind any residue when taken off.
Also, if you’re not sure about whether this is really a good buy, then you might want to start with those products with a money refund policy.
It’s time you ditch those drilling machines, and get yourself some good silicone adhesive tapes, or well, just one tape!